Toddler In The Kitchen: Oaty Treats


Toddlers Oaty Treats from www.lukeosaurusandme.blogspot.co.uk


Hello!

Today I have a really quick, really easy and really simple recipe for you and your toddler to try out!

For the past couple of weeks, Luke and I have been making these little treats. I like to bake off a few, put them in a zip lock bag and dish them out as snacks. I also use them when we're out and about and Luke starts to get a bit peckish.

Honestly, there's no real "set" recipe for these - I have seen so many variations so I just go with the flow. I think they're pretty common knowledge, but if you don't know about them, they're great and there is hardly anything to it. They are so versatile, so feel free to experiment.

If you want to get your little one in the kitchen with you and you don't know where to start: start with these.


You'll Need:


  1. One ripe banana 
  2. Oats
  3. Honey
  4. Raisins/sultanas/diced apples/chocolate chips - just anything little.

Toddlers Oaty Treats from www.lukeosaurusandme.blogspot.co.uk


Step One:

Mash the banana.

Step Two:

Throw in some oats. I didn't measure, just poured from the bag until I had a good amount.

Step Three:

Squirt some honey in the bowl.

Step Four:

Add whatever it is you want to add. We use sultanas or chocolate chips mostly.

Step Five:

Mix!

You can see why this is so perfect for little ones now.

Divide into balls, flatten them out and then bake for 15 - 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius. 


Does anyone else make these little treats, or treats like these? If so, what do you do differently? Let me know in the comments. 

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com


Link up your recipe of the week

Follow Me:
Twitter // Facebook // Instagram // Pinterest

Lukeosaurus and Me

Labels: , , , , ,

Lukeosaurus and Me: Toddler In The Kitchen: Oaty Treats

Thursday, 9 April 2015

Toddler In The Kitchen: Oaty Treats


Toddlers Oaty Treats from www.lukeosaurusandme.blogspot.co.uk


Hello!

Today I have a really quick, really easy and really simple recipe for you and your toddler to try out!

For the past couple of weeks, Luke and I have been making these little treats. I like to bake off a few, put them in a zip lock bag and dish them out as snacks. I also use them when we're out and about and Luke starts to get a bit peckish.

Honestly, there's no real "set" recipe for these - I have seen so many variations so I just go with the flow. I think they're pretty common knowledge, but if you don't know about them, they're great and there is hardly anything to it. They are so versatile, so feel free to experiment.

If you want to get your little one in the kitchen with you and you don't know where to start: start with these.


You'll Need:


  1. One ripe banana 
  2. Oats
  3. Honey
  4. Raisins/sultanas/diced apples/chocolate chips - just anything little.

Toddlers Oaty Treats from www.lukeosaurusandme.blogspot.co.uk


Step One:

Mash the banana.

Step Two:

Throw in some oats. I didn't measure, just poured from the bag until I had a good amount.

Step Three:

Squirt some honey in the bowl.

Step Four:

Add whatever it is you want to add. We use sultanas or chocolate chips mostly.

Step Five:

Mix!

You can see why this is so perfect for little ones now.

Divide into balls, flatten them out and then bake for 15 - 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius. 


Does anyone else make these little treats, or treats like these? If so, what do you do differently? Let me know in the comments. 

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com


Link up your recipe of the week

Follow Me:

Lukeosaurus and Me

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9 April 2015 at 22:44 , Blogger Camilla said...

do you have piccies of the finished product? I might try them too for nibbles, and rat friendly!

 
At 10 April 2015 at 16:01 , Blogger Rachael Robinson said...

Haha, they're like flap jacks really. I will post some pictures up today - I forgot to add them to the post :(

 
At 11 April 2015 at 11:58 , Blogger my cup of beauty said...

I would eat something like this myself! haha thanks for sharing :)

 
At 11 April 2015 at 13:46 , Blogger Rachael Robinson said...

They're basically flapjacks, I suppose. :D Thanks for reading, lovely xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home